Planning for MATS 50th
Together as an industry, we will overcome our challenges and adapt to this evolving situation.
Through it all, MATS will keep you connected and help your business and brand grow.
Your health and safety will remain of paramount importance as we plan for MATS 50th. We are continually evaluating and expanding the measures in place to ensure your health, safety, and security. We are working closely with the City of Louisville, the Kentucky Expo Center, and Louisville Hotels and Venues as they develop and implement their reopening plans. We are also working with leading event industry associations as they develop best practices for events and we will ensure our plans follow the evolving recommendations of public health experts and the standards set by the federal, state, and local governments.
Among our new plans for MATS 50th:
- The Kentucky Expo Center has recieved "GBAC STAR™ accreditation, along with many of our hotels. This is the cleaning industry’s outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation for facilities. To earn GBAC STAR™ accreditation, facilities must comply with the program’s 20 elements, which range from risk assessment and mitigation strategies to personal protective equipment and infectious disease prevention practices. The program not only assesses a facility’s preparedness, but provides venue staff with training for biorisk prevention and containment and offers a framework for communication and awareness best practices. The program is administered by the Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC).
- Better enable social distancing, including widening aisles in many exhibit areas, allocating more space between seats during events and in areas where attendees commonly congregate.
- Issue and promote best practices for attendees and exhibitors, such as wearing masks, avoiding shaking hands, and sanitation following product demonstrations.
- Limit touch points throughout the facility, including cashless systems for transactions.
- Increased cleaning and sanitizing frequency across all show venues.
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility.
- Provide on-site access to health service and medical aid.
- Actively encourage those who are feeling unwell to stay home.
Thank you for your continued support. As our plans evolve, we will continue to provide updates and welcome hearing from you directly.